Chronicles of the hotel Krone
1789 - 1796
During this time, Gasthof Krone was built by Ignanz Lorber. The position along the Landstraße with its travel traffic attracted new settlements. Above the village on the so-called Lahrer Weg was the "alte Krone", which had an unfavorable position for transit passengers. Lorber wanted to remedy this, and soon bought the Hotel to get the permission of the former landlords to transfer the shield to his new house on the highway.
Several times, the restaurant has changed ownership during these years.
bought Johann Killius (the great-great-grandfather of Gerhard Hissin) who was married to Catherine Bähr the inn, which became from that time the family estate. Since Johann Killius but operated a large farm, he still bought an additional guest house, because there were the great stables of the post office of Thurn and Taxis and leased the "Krone".
married the great-grandfather of the eldest daughter of Gerhard Hissin Adlerwirt and Killius got the the inn as property. Killius Erhard, who had learned the butcher's trade in France and French-speaking Switzerland, comes from Teningen from Gasthaus Adler and brought the best conditions with the guides from a tavern.
Gasthof Krone by Erhard Hissin to his son William was passed after his marriage with Berta Steiger from Brogingen. Through the energetic Contribute his wife the hospitable tradition alongside the farm was obtained.
married Karl Hissin Marie Oehler Wittenweier and took over the inn. His father William Hissin managed thereafter only the agriculture viticulture. In the period up to the second world war all sorts of modifications and improvements were carried out.
Gerhard Hissin married to Rosemarie Birch Meier of Au at Freiburg after he had learned the cooking profession. Along with his parents, the inn was conducted jointly.
two bowling alleys were added to the Gasthof Krone.
To meet the requirements set requirements, the house has been completely renovated inside and out, as well as expanded the former hall to guest rooms.
Was on August 7, 1970 evening at 17.50 clock - exactly one year after the completed renovations - the "crown" is set on fire by lightning and totally destroyed. What was not destroyed by fire, destroyed the water masses of the fire department. Only the cellars and the surrounding walls were preserved. After overcoming many difficulties could be started in November 1970 with the reconstruction.
In September, after ten months of construction was the reconstruction, which has been carried out according to the most modern and practical point of view, terminated and the owner - chef Gerhard Hissin - has led, together with his wife Rosemarie and his parents operate and December 1996 with great success.
After the succession was no longer guaranteed, Gerhard and Rosemarie Hissin led the house till 31.12.1999 as Hotel Garni.